West Babylon, New York, January 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Sleep specialists at Silent Night Therapy have launched a “New Year, New We are proud to announce the ‘Sleep’ initiative.
Getting a good night’s sleep is important for many reasons. Adequate sleep helps improve physical health by reducing the risk of conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and obesity. It can also help improve your mental health by increasing your strength and boosting your well-being. Making better sleep a New Year’s priority will improve your overall health and make you more productive throughout the day.
Sleep apnea is a serious problem affecting adults, depriving the body of oxygen and causing many health problems. It can lead to high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular problems. It can also lead to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
For a long time, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) was the gold standard for sleep devices. However, according to 20 years of data, he is only 34% of patients adhering to the proper use of CPAP machines. Research suggests that many techniques to improve compliance are ineffective and that CPAP is no longer considered the gold standard for sleep apnea treatment.
There are several instances of improper use of CPAP machines, which can make treatment less effective or even harmful. Some of these are:
- No machine consistently: CPAP therapy works best when used nightly, but some people find it uncomfortable or difficult to get used to and stop using it.
- Machine not adjusted correctly: The pressure setting on the CPAP machine may need to be adjusted to the patient’s needs, and if not set correctly the treatment may be less effective or cause discomfort. There is likely to be.
- Don’t clean the machine regularly: CPAP machines and accessories should be cleaned regularly to prevent infections and to ensure the machine is working properly.
- Improper mask use: Improper mask use can cause leaks and reduce treatment effectiveness.
- Not getting the right size mask: Masks that are too big or too small can cause discomfort and leaks, making treatment less effective.
- Do not humidify: Dry air can cause nose and throat irritation.
Oral appliances are an alternative treatment option for those who cannot tolerate CPAP. The device works by gently repositioning the jaw and tongue to keep the airway open. Benefits of oral sleep devices include:
Custom fit and more comfortable than a CPAP machine.
- No noise compared to loud CPAP machines.
- It is highly portable and convenient to carry.
- They do not require electricity to operate.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
It is important to consult a sleep specialist to develop a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. At Silent Night Therapy, we stay true to our philosophy of treating our patients like family and creating experiences that exceed expectations while helping our patients every step of the way to better sleep and a healthier life. increase. So if you want to start the new year on a high note, contact Silent Night Therapy to discuss if an oral sleep device is right for you.
About Silent Night Therapy
The sleep apnea experts at Silent Night Therapy have seen firsthand how sleep deprivation affects physical and mental health. We also know that the path to a good night’s sleep begins with an accurate test. Contact us today for an easy and convenient test with the Night Owl Mini. 785 W Montauk Hwy, #100, West Babylon, New York 11704 or 499 Sunrise Hwy, Suite 13B, Patchogue, New York 11772.
SOURCE Silent Night Therapy