You will help end world hunger by…
Experts are available for frequent deployment to the Mission MHPSS Emergency Coordinator to lead the emergency MHPSS response, including development of an emergency MHPSS strategy, a toolbox implemented at the field level, and training and PSA implementation. Responsible.
In the case of emergency response, the expert acts as MHPSS emergency coordinator in the sectoral management of ACCIÓN CONTRA EL HAMBRE’s emergency response programme, including activity design, RNA, programming and sectoral stakeholder relations.
For gap filling, specialists cover MHPSS emergency-related vacancies based on specific job descriptions, ensuring key action points are managed until long-term profiles are identified.
Based in Madrid, our experts develop strategies and operate them.
Report to the Deputy Emergency Pool Director, Emergency Pool Director, Deputy Country Director, and/or Geographic Desk. Properly.
The main activities are as follows.
- Lead the development of MHPSS strategies, methods and standards for implementation during emergencies. Deploying global guidelines, tools, and protocols are contextualized and adapted to meet locally identified needs for MHPSS program implementation and training.
- Ensuring safe, high-quality and timely assessment of individual and family protection needs in complex emergencies and advising relevant stakeholders for programmatic interventions in line with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection (CPMS) in Humanitarian Action. provide recommendations for
- In the event of an emergency, participate in planning, coordinating and overseeing mental health and psychosocial services to provide appropriate mental health support to beneficiaries and mainstream protection in all interventions.
- Ensure that integrated MHPSS initiatives support and demonstrate best practices in safeguarding, inclusion and gender mainstreaming. We work with families to establish child-friendly, accessible, and confidential feedback and reporting mechanisms for protection concerns.
- Monitor and evaluate MHPSS interventions against accepted international humanitarian standards and ensure the application of evidence-based practices to provide quality services to targeted populations.
Does this description suit you?
- Ideally knowledge/training in psychology, psychiatry, social work or related fields, experience in the psychosocial and humanitarian sectors Experience in developing MHPSS strategies in emergencies. Active HEAT training or similar training.
- Experience in complex emergencies, highly volatile conditions, and under strict security constraints. A deep understanding of the operational context of humanitarian emergencies, including Sphere, humanitarian systems, donors, security, civil-military liaison and program management.
- 5+ years of work experience in mental health and psychosocial support programs in humanitarian emergencies/strategy development and emergency response leadership in this area – national and non-state, including inter-agency coordination, representation and local government An experienced partner in negotiations with the subject. Experience working in unstable environments and tight security constraints. Experience in human resource management, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Languages: Spanish, English and French are required.
- IT Systems: Computer Office, Data Management (KOBO), Data Analysis (SPSS, PowerBI), and Internet Usage Skills Mobility (National/International).
Our Compensation Package:
Join a multicultural, professional and innovative organization that is committed to equality and has an equality plan as a tool for mainstreaming commitments in this area. Working with Acción contra el Hambre also gives you the opportunity to participate in projects that have a great impact on society.
- Indefinite contract.
- Based in Madrid. Up to 70% time in the field – 30% time at HQ Field deployment duration: 2-3 months 24 hour notice in case of sudden emergencies according to the priorities set by the emergency pool Breaks as per emergency pool policy.
- Competitive compensation based on candidate value.
- Access to flexible compensation plans (medical insurance, transportation, childcare tickets, meals).
- A professional career that’s right for you, where your talent and motivation are recognized.
- Ongoing training in both technical and soft skills.
- Balancing personal and professional life with options for flexible hours, intensive working hours and the possibility of working from home programmes.
- 25 working days vacation per year. You are free to adjust and even get half a day.
How to apply