Halfway through the season, Mike and Dunn discuss the many ups and downs that have left the Islanders in the playoff bubble.
They summarize a disappointing Western Canada trip that looked terrible overall, with the team scoring just two of the expected eight points. They also discuss how the cushion they’ve built up is all but exhausted, and how injuries and long-running slumps of key players have started to take their toll. I lament the surface level coverage and how writers often fail to understand the true reality of the islanders.
In the second half, we celebrate Brock Nelson for being selected to the All-Star Game for the first time, and explain why Ilya Sorokin doesn’t want to be voted into the game. Finally, they preempt a difficult schedule of games against very different opponents.
Pre-order the Anders Lee Reverse Retro Bobblehead now from the awesome guys at FOCO. This is a great limited edition collection not to be missed. Pre-orders have only been available for a few weeks, so get yours now via this link: https://www.foco.com/products/anders-lee-new-york-islanders-reverse-retro-jersey-bobblehead
- If you haven’t already, you need to listen to Jordan Eberle’s interview with Elliotte Friedman this week. A lot of memories of the islanders such as the bubble era. Plus, new songs for everyone to learn.
- Mike’s thread about the mid-season Islanders neatly sums up where they are.
I think the first half of The Islanders was more of a blown chance than a death sentence.
They had a good cushion thanks to their strength in the first 25 games, but let it go and then played a few more games.
But with 41 games left, they are basically three points off the pace.
— Michael Leboff (@TheBigLeebowski) January 7, 2023
- Lou’s quiet summer Ethan Sears cost the team eight months later.
- Kevin Kurtz broadcasts the complaint. error? necessarily. Running out of context and nuance? Definitely.
- Both of these are just garbage. Why am I paying for this again? Maybe we should rethink that.
Vintage Ice Hockey.com has over 100 classic hockey logos on t-shirts, hoodies, jerseys and more. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries Al Arbor and “The Island” merchandise, with a portion of the sales going directly to his Center for Dementia Research in Coach’s name. Use code ANXIETY at checkout to get 15% off your order.
- Try the Pinot Project wines. A delicious rosé, Pinot Grigio, and Pinot Noir named in Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Top 100 Best Buys of 2022. Both are under $15 a bottle and can be purchased at your local wine shop or UBS Arena. For more information, visit The Pinot Project.com.please drink responsibly
Subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word Anxiety of Islanders Enjoy all of the Lighthouse Hockey podcasts your way. All of this will help raise the profile of the show and we may get another flashy sponsorship that sells out in the near future. You may read it in
The theme song is “Sports” by Josh Spacek.
can subscribe To Anxiety of Islanders In any podcast app. Use the app’s search function or enter an RSS feed.
SB Nation podcast hosting is provided by Megaphone.