Elkins, Wisconsin — Dr. Emad Kowatli has joined Davis Health System as the new medical director of the Better Sleep Center at Davis Medical Center.
Dr. Kowatli, a pulmonologist, oversees the Better Sleep Center and examines and examines inpatients. He previously served as Director of Thomas Health’s Sleep Research Institute in Charleston, West, Virginia, where he held a similar position. Dr. Kowatli also works in Critical Care at Davis Health System.
Dr. Kowatori has worked and studied in the medical field for nearly 40 years and has also served the communities of Tampa, Florida; Dayton, Ohio; and Chicago. Dr. Kowatli credits his long and successful career for helping his patients recover.
“It’s always about drugs. How can you improve someone’s life and really make a difference,” he said. “I enjoy building relationships with patients and their families throughout the healthcare process. Enabling change for the better and encouraging a positive outlook is what I love most. is that
Dr. Kowatli acknowledges that stress insurance and medical coverage can hurt patients and their families. Dr. Kowatli said he will try to guide patients through all their options if they face a cut in benefits or an overall lack of coverage.
“Insurance is sometimes an issue,” he said. “I want to give people what they need, not what insurance companies want to give them.”
Unfortunately, it is a situation that many patients have to deal with.
“It’s become very difficult to treat patients,” Dr. Kowatli said.
Dr. Kowatli of Davis Health System said he understands that science and technology have long been a rapidly evolving field and will continue to monitor research and discoveries in the medical field.
“Medicine is always changing, and we need to change with it,” says Dr. Kowatli. “Technology changes too. It’s always about adapting to new and different challenges.”
Dr. Kowatli served as Director of Intensive Care Units at Logan Regional Medical Center in Southern West Virginia. While in Logan, Dr. Cowatri said West quickly came to appreciate Virginia’s natural landscapes and landscapes.
“I fell in love with West Virginia and its beauty. I love the mountains,” he said.
All of Dr. Kowatli’s children live in West Virginia, he said, making Davis Medical Center a preferred destination.
Dr. Kowatri was born and raised in Damascus, Syria. He is certified by the American Board of Sleep Disorders, the Board of Critical Care and Internal Medicine, and the American Board of Respiratory Medicine.
Listed below are treatment options for lung disease highlighted by Dr. Kowlalti.
- Diagnosis and treatment of black lung
- Diagnosis and treatment of asthma with experience in biologic therapy for severe asthma
- Diagnosis and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Screening and staging of lung cancer
- Bronchoscopy with biopsy and bronchial lavage
- Diagnosis and treatment of interstitial lung disease and fibrosis
- Treating sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, hypersomnia such as narcolepsy
- Use of a minimally scarring percutaneous chest tube for the diagnosis and treatment of pleuropulmonary diseases such as pleural effusion and pneumothorax
- Long-term follow-up of percutaneous tracheostomy and tracheostomy tubes, including downsizing and speaking valves