7 Champions of Metabolic Psychiatry Win $100,000 Award Honoring Contribution to Advancement of Ketogenic Metabolic Therapy for Psychiatric Disorders
San Mateo, California, November 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Baszucky Brain Research Foundation and the Milken Institute have announced their annual 2022 Metabolic Minds Award WinnersThis year, we will reward clinicians who have contributed to the advancement of ketogenic metabolic therapy for psychiatric disorders. Each of the seven pioneering clinicians $100,000 An award that honors their past work and commitment to supporting the research and use of these interventions in psychiatry.
designed to complement Baszucky Brain Research FundSimilar to existing funding programs for academic research, the Metabolic Mind Awards recognize individual advocates of the metabolic psychiatric movement working at the intersection of metabolic and mental health. The 7 winners will work in metabolic psychiatry by advancing ketogenic metabolic therapy, an intervention with 100 years of evidence of effectiveness in treating epilepsy that shows great potential to crossover into mental health therapy. As a partner of the Baszuckey Brain Research Fund, the Milken Institute pilots the award program, reviews and selects winners, and lays the groundwork for the program’s growth. increase.
The Metabolic Mind winners represent an international group of clinicians, advocates and educators advancing the field of metabolic psychiatry. The 2022 Metabolic Minds winners are:
- Ignacio Quaranta, MDDr. Cuaranta is an American clinical psychiatrist. Argentina He has been treating patients using a metabolic approach since 2015. He has made significant contributions to the field of metabolic psychiatry by engaging with the public through lectures and his social media, and by promoting ketogenic metabolic therapy for mental health at conferences around the world.
- Albert DananMDDr. Danang has practiced psychiatry for 35 years and has published results in his psychiatric clinic providing patients with ketogenic metabolic therapy. This body of work represents the largest inpatient study of this intervention for psychiatric patients and paves the way for future pilot and randomized controlled trials.
- Georgia EidMDDr. Ede was one of the early pioneers of metabolic psychiatry. Her website serves as an important information hub for the public on the Ketogenic She’s Diet and Mental Health and is a CME Certified Mental Health She’s ClinicianShe Head of the Ketogenic She’s Training program Ketogenic She’s Diet I’m here.
- Nicole LaurentLMHCLaurent is a licensed mental health counselor and founder of mentalhealthketo.com. She provides ketogenic her metabolic her therapy to clients with mood disorders, has graduate training in nutrition and integrative health, and is reaching out to the public through her blogs, podcast appearances, and social media. interacting with people.
- Christopher PalmerMDDr. Palmer has 20 years of experience treating patients with ketogenic metabolic therapy. He has used his global public speaking, websites, media appearances, and social media presence to increase awareness of ketogenic therapy among clinicians and the general public. . his forthcoming book, brain energy, Describe the metabolic causes of various psychiatric conditions.
- Dennis PotterRDNs, CSPs, CDCESMr. Potter is a leading nutritionist who provides ketogenic metabolic therapy across multiple neurological and metabolic conditions. Additionally, she is credited with contributing to the creation of the Ketogenic Therapy Master Course, which has contributed to the contemporary framework for treating epilepsy and other psychiatric and neurological conditions using this intervention. It is
- Beth Zupek KaniaRDNs, CDsZupec-Kania is a registered dietitian in the field of metabolic psychiatry and a consultant with the Charlie Foundation. She designed her KetoDietCalculator, a free resource for use by dietitians and the general public, wrote educational guides on ketogenic metabolic therapy for epilepsy and neurological disorders, and conducted trainings to educate nutritionists and psychiatrists. has created modules for and co-authored many scientific papers.
“These awards are an innovative approach to recognizing the achievements of pioneers in their field. Melissa Stevens, Vice President of Philanthropy at the Milken Institute. “We are excited to work with the Baszucky Brain Research Fund to explore new ways philanthropy can invest in scientific and clinical innovation.”
“A growing body of evidence suggests that psychiatric disorders are associated with metabolic brain dysfunction,” the authors said. Jan Ellison Baszuckeyfounded the Baszucki Brain Research Fund and the Metabolic Mind initiative with her husband, the founder and CEO of Roblox David Baszuckey“We are thrilled to recognize the important work of these clinicians in developing training programs, raising awareness and guiding the treatment of individuals like our son. Matt Baszuckey, in ketogenic metabolic therapy. ”
Separately, the Baszucki Brain Research Fund is funding clinical and mechanical trials investigating these treatments in serious mental illness. For more information on the Baszucki Brain Research Fund initiative in mental health, please visit: https://baszuckigroup.com/our-work/metabolism-mental-health/.
About Baszucki Brain Research Fund and Metabolic Mind
Part of the Baszucki Brain Research Fund bass zuckey groupwas launched in 2020 by the founder and CEO of Roblox David Baszuckey and best-selling author Jan Ellison BaszuckeyThe foundation invests in innovative science and technology for the prevention and treatment of bipolar disorder and other mental health conditions. It aims to combat stigma by promoting research and advances in clinical care focused on metabolic neuroscience, metabolic psychiatry, and ketogenic interventions for mental health. metabolic mind A new initiative created by the Baszucki Group to provide resources and education in the emerging field of metabolic psychiatry.
About the Milken Institute Center for Strategic Philanthropy
The Milken Institute Center for Strategic Philanthropy advises individuals and foundations seeking to develop and implement innovative giving strategies. In addition, we provide resources and leadership to make the philanthropic environment more effective. Our vision is to enable a more effective philanthropic ecosystem where funds are used strategically to achieve the impact donors seek and where people and the planet thrive.visit http://philanthropy.milkeninstitute.org/.
Source Baszucki Group